bugs can have a significant impact on the health and quality of life of people. Knowing how to recognize them is therefore essential to act quickly to effectively prevent and control bed bug infestations. Click here for best pest control for bed bugs in singapore.
Recognize bed bugs
- The bed bugs have the following characteristics:
- They are visible to the naked eye.
- Adult bugs are usually brown. When they are full of blood, their color is red to dark brown.
- They are oval in shape and about the size of a flattened apple seed, 4-7 mm in length.
- They do not jump and fly.
- They move at the speed of an ant.
- They have a life of 5 to 6 months. However, they can live for more than a year without feeding when they become dormant. Visit this site for best pest control for bed bugs in singapore.
Detect the presence of bed bugs
Bed bugs are active especially at night. They live mainly in the bedroom. They flee the light and shelter in dark, narrow and inaccessible places.
Prevent bed bug infestation
Here are some tips to avoid bed bug infestations.
Avoid accumulating items and letting them hang out in your home. This reduces the number of places where bed bugs can hide.
Inspect used clothing that you buy
Be careful when you buy used clothes. Always take care to inspect them. Transport them in a hermetically sealed bag, that is to say, so that nothing can get out or enter.
Inspect used items you purchase
Avoid bringing used items that are in poor condition or abandoned on sidewalks to your home, such as mattresses, box springs, wooden or upholstered furniture. Bed bugs could infest these items.If you still decide to take home any of these used items, inspect it carefully.
Prepare for your move
Before choosing a moving company, ask about the proposed measures for bed bugs.
All your clothes, curtains, bedding, mattresses, furniture and other effects should be placed in hermetically sealed plastic bags.
Close your cardboard boxes and seal the holes and cracks with heavy tape.
On the day of the move, inspect the truck before loading your furniture and other effects. Make sure it has been cleaned (hot steam, vacuum cleaner, disinfectant) and above all, that it is free of bedbugs.